Healthcare Systems Course
Newcomers to America can improve their English language, computer knowledge and professional skills needed for allied healthcare jobs.
The program of classes and counseling includes:
1) English lessons for health care jobs (language, communication skills, pronunciation)
2) Workplace skills, such as, understanding the U.S. healthcare system, professionalism and expectations on the job, and communicating with patients, families, co-workers, and supervisors
3) Computer skills that are required for job applications and on the job
4) Individualized counseling to plan steps (education, training, licensing, and job search) to reach specific career goals
5) Bonus Component: See a Workplace - Introduction by healthcare employers to career pathways and employment criteria