Youth Leaders 4 Community Wellness (YL4CW)
The Youth Leaders 4 Community Wellness (YL4CW) internship program focuses on community wellness and mental health at Oakland International High School. The Fall program currently runs from September 2018 - February 2019.
What is the internship?
Through arts-based and experiential activities, trainings and mentorship, interns in the YL4CW program will have opportunities to learn about health careers through exploring their personal identities and conditions and growing their leadership by planning a Community Wellness Event
The internship will take place from September 2018 - February 2019. Students are expected to attend weekly meetings, field trips, trainings and day long events. Students will be expected to complete all assignments and actively participate in planning and implementing a Community Wellness Gathering in February 2019.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Participated in one or more DHTI programs
- Previous YL4CW internship
- OIHS Student Wellness Ambassador
- Leadership Day
- Interested to learn about behavioral/mental health topics & careers
- Eager to build leadership skills
- Curious about needs in their community
- Want to promote wellness in their community and help to build health community
- Read to make the commitment
- English Language at a level where they feel confident in groups facilitated in English
- In good academic standing in OUSD